Gretty tagged me to do the list of 10 things that have made me smile lately, and Waylon is sleeping right now so I have two typing hands, so here goes:
- Ben & Jerry’s Peach Cobbler ice cream. I’ve blogged about it before, but it still rocks–GB just bought some yesterday.
- Lots of blogfriends took me up on being Facebook friends. So neat to see people’s real identities.
- Moving back to Hometown seems like a really good decision. I am so excited to be back with my oldest peeps.
- Talking to both of my sisters a lot more on the phone. They both make me laugh, and I feel lucky to have sisters who also feel like friends (and if you’ve known me for a while, you know how amazing this is…CRSE, I’m talking to you).
- I sent off 10 job applications. I’m not especially counting on any of them, but I’m glad to have gotten them out.
- Mornings, lately. Waylon usually sleeps the last 2 hours of the morning in his swing–I put him in there soon after the sun comes up, because he’s restless in bed when the sun is up (but not restless in his swing then, weirdly). I love picking him up from the swing when he wakes up–I love his morning smiles and sleepy yawns. I make coffee, sit at the computer and nurse him and soak up those smiles while I do a quick check of news and blogs…then GB gets up and brings me coffee with my cinnamon vanilla creamer and I pretty much feel like the luckiest person in the world.
- Lots of good TV. New seasons of Dexter and Californication, and digging True Blood. And Stewart and Colbert are kicking ass on the election.
- Learning that my diehard-Republican, 80 year old retired Economics professor father is voting for Obama.
- Waylon’s hair is starting to curl in the back, where it’s longest.
Wow, three Waylon pictures in one post…I’ve officially turned into That Blogger. Didn’t see that coming. But seriously, if I can be this happy about moving back to Hometown, really anything is possible…