Dancingfish reminded me that there was a Buzzlet pool awhile back on here. At the time, we still didn’t know the sex, so most of the guesses were along those lines–but a lot of people guessed due date and time too. I thought it might be fun to revisit those guesses and invite new ones, just for the hell of it. There’s no actual prize at the end of this–just bragging rights. Plus, it keeps me distracted for now, which is definitely worthwhile.
Okay, so here are the guesses I have so far:
- May 31: Life of a Fool
- June 1, 1:13am, 7lbs 6oz: Addy N.
- June 2, late evening, 8lbs 1oz: Gretty
- June 2, 4am: Weezy
- June 3, 7lbs (+/- 6oz): Skycat
- June 4, 7lbs: Kermit
- June 4, 4am, 8lbs 8oz: Dancingfish
- June 6, 7lbs 8oz: Tequila Fog
- June 7, 1:30pm, 7lbs 9oz, brown hair/hazel eyes: LillyRose
- June 7, 1:35pm: comebacknikki
- June 8, 9:32 pm: Adjunct Whore
- June 9: Canada
- June 10: Seeking Solace
- June 10, 7:32pm, 7lbs 4oz: lil’rumpus
- June 11, 10:30am: Ursa
- June 12, 2am: Dr. Brazen Hussy
Our due date, based on my (very accurate) calculations, is June 4th. The doctor’s EDD for us is June 6th, but their chart doesn’t take leap year into account. Working with their calculations and considering leap year, it’d be June 5th.
Not that any of that matters. They tell me that 2 weeks on either side of the EDD is “normal.”
I also have heard that the average gestation for first babies is 41 weeks and 1 day. However, both of my sisters had their first babies 2+ weeks early. Which also means very little.
Because I’m a geek, I also started a pool at this website. Yes, I am desperately trying to keep myself occupied, without actually working. Feel free to guess here in comments, or at the website, or to completely ignore this whole thing. Whatever.
Me, I’m still hoping for a May birthday…but we’ll see, I guess.