(In what I can only assume is a Bloggy Christmas Miracle, I found this post in my drafts. When I lost this post the other day, I checked my drafts, and it wasn’t there. So hooray. My waste of time was not wasted.)
Here’s another recycled meme. Warning: It’s very long, and it repeats some of the other end-of-the-year memes.
1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn’t really make any, I don’t think…I think I wanted to stop freaking out so much, and in a weird way, that’s worked out. I’m still freaking out, but less anxious and panicky (even without the Lexapro), which is good.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
In 2007? Hmmm, I don’t think so.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No (*knocking wood vigorously*)
5. What countries did you visit?
No other countries–lots of U.S. states.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
A PhD, and the baby. Oh, and enough money to live on.
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Hmm…nothing too huge that’s related to a specific date. The Buzzlet was conceived on GB’s birthday (yes, despite having tons of TTC-sex, I do know which date it was), so that one kind of stands out.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Probably the Big Damn Conference presentation. And *finally* getting some dissertation chapters written.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I should have much more written by now than I do.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Still some panic attacks and anxiety, but they’ve been better since I quit drinking. The OCD has been pretty minimal, too. Nothing much, then, thankfully.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Um..that’s a tough one. I’m happy we rented this apartment, if that counts.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
GB graduated from law school, which is pretty awesome. The cats have (for now) stopped peeing on everything, which makes me extremely happy.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Happily, I really can’t think of anyone.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent. And a lot of that wasn’t even ours. And, for awhile there, BPAL.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Camping was especially fun this year. And I really threw myself into the whole making-a-baby thing.
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Jens Lekman’s “Black Cab” (thanks, Phantom!). Whiskeytown’s “Dancing with the Women at the Bar” (and a bunch of other Whiskeytown and Ryan Adams songs). And, for reasons I can’t quite explain (since I’ve known the song since I was 16), the Rolling Stones’ “Star Star.”
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
Sadder, in many ways; happier in some others. Compared to December 2006, about the same weight–I lost the 40 pounds just in time to start gaining back baby. Ending the year a tiny bit richer, just because of GB’s current contract.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Relaxing. Camping. Dancing. Happy drugs. (Last year’s answers still work for me–though I’ll add “writing” and “happy drunk kissing with friends”.)
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying. Panicking. Beating myself up for nearly everything I’m doing/not doing/not doing fast enough.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With GB’s family again. It was supposed to be with my family this year, but finances intervened. It’ll be nice, anyway.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
Not really, though I honestly do keep liking GB more and more.
22. How many one-night stands?
One. Yes, I’m counting it.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
I can’t think of a book I read that wasn’t dissertation-related. Damn. That’s sad.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Me, not so much. GB went all crazy on iTunes and Limewire and made a million new musical discoveries, most of which I benefit from. I’ve been very happy with Bellwether, who were new to me this year. Oh, and I almost forgot Jens Lekman!
27. What did you want and get?
Well, after sometime in June I wanted to get pregnant, and that worked out (*knock knock*). I wanted to move to California, and got that too (though I should have maybe been more specific about what I was asking for). Oh, and we got our iPods at the beginning of the year.
28. What did you want and not get?
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
God, I have no idea. This headache is killing me and I can’t remember any movies…(Which is a little insane, because I think that’s really all we did.)
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 36. Had a fabulous birthday with GB, and spent the weekend with Trixie and G-Love.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I meant to finish the diss and get on the job market this year, but whatever. Having any local friends in the last third of the year would have helped.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Uh, yeah. That’s funny. I’ve been wearing BPAL t-shirts all year, and for the past month I’ve worn the same pair of sweatpants pretty much nonstop. “Fashion,” I have none.
33. What kept you sane?
GB and the cats. Music. Movies. Talking to my sister on the phone. And, again, my mom’s generous and frequent checks.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
As always, my Johnny Depp love continues unabated.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Um. Right. I keep reminding myself there is a world outside of my worried little brain. (last year’s answer, sadly still accurate.)
37. Who was the best new person you met?
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.