- Prospective-apartment owner called early this afternoon to tell me that our co-signer (my mom) has atrocious credit.
- That’s not possible. My mom’s credit rocks.
- Turns out that one of the 3 big credit reporting agencies has somehow conflated my credit and my mom’s. Pulling credit with her SSN produces a report in *my* name, with both my and her credit.
- This is, needless to say, very, very bad for my mom.
- This is, one might say, a freaking catastrophe.
- No less than 15 phone calls ensued between me & GB and the property manager and owner.
- GB’s grandpa is our new co-signer. Maybe. Unless his credit comes up weird too. In which case, I give up.
- Did I mention we also don’t have proof of “income”? I have proof of student loans, which should be plenty, but apparently isn’t. GB has fabulous earning potential, but no “proof” right now.
- This whole process is ridiculously humiliating.
- Did I mention I’ll be 36 on Friday? I am So. Too Old. For This.
- In other things I’m too old for: I have cramps.
- Which means we seem to not be pregnant. Again. After, admittedly, only three months of trying. But still. I feel old.
- (See how I snuck that in there? Yep, we are. The rumors are true. Yes, I know that–if you know me in Real Life at all–you are now sitting there with your jaw agape, possibly drooling on yourself in confusion and disbelief. What can I say? It was, needless to say, GB’s idea, but it finally sounded good to me. I changed my mind.)
- (Yes, for the record, we are Trying with a capital T. Remember my OCD? I am temping, and charting, and all that
crapbeneficial stuff. Let us speak of this no more.)
- I said today was a 2, though, and not a zero, and here’s why: because GB (still) rocks, and picks up my slack when I’m freaking out and can’t do anymore. And after dinner GB’s parents both came over and hugged me and told me they’re glad I’m their daughter-in-law. Sniff. That’s freaking awesome.
- I am almost positive that a bath will turn this day into at least a 2.5.