Because, seriously, all the cool bloggers are doing it, I finally caved (as you knew I would, because I cannot resist anything that the cool kids are doing). I requested my very own letter, and Canada graciously bestowed upon me the letter S.
So, okay, 10 (-ish) things I love that start with S.
- Snow. I hate traveling in it, but I love the first snow (which we really haven’t even had yet this year, because that first one SO did not count), and I love winter. Yes, it’s cold and icy and dark and bitter. But so is my heart, so it all works out.*
- San Francisco. Duh. If you’ve been reading this blog for more than a week you might have seen me talk about it.
- Stones, the Rolling. Maybe you’ve heard me mention this band once or twice too.
- Shoes. I’m not kidding. Despite being the kind of person who wears the same pair of shoes every day (though I do switch off every few months), I own an unbelievable number of shoes. I seriously have a problem. I can’t resist buying cheap, cool shoes.
- “Sweet Thing.” *Still* in my top 5 songs of all time, and the song I most want played at my funeral.
- Smooches. Yes, I am a sucker for the kissing. Maybe you’ve heard about that too.
- Sex. Oh, come on, like I was going to do “S” and leave that out.
- Silliness. I thank the Universe constantly for sending me friends who share my ridiculous sense of humor and are willing to spend entire afternoons tossing rubber pigs into a bowl of mud. For example. Speaking of which…
- Skycat. Right this very minute I am looking at the very first gift Skycat gave me–it’s this harpie, but with a blue face. It sits on my desk and tries to help me write, and it came to me from Skycat on Winter Solstice 1995. She and the Yogini just continue to enrich my life, though not so much with harpies these days. Go read her blog, willya?
- Sister, mine. My big sis just rocks, and I don’t even think she’s reading this blog anymore, but I’ll say so anyway. She has amazing good humor and resilience. Plus, she’s really freaking cool.
- Slippers. Okay, doesn’t sound exciting, and it’s #11, I know. But I freaking love my slippers, which GB’s mom got me a couple Christmases ago, and they’re nearly worn out. I’m just saying. If Santa asks.
Okay. Stopping, though apparently I love all kinds of things that start with S.
What I’ve learned: I am the queen of the self-referential blog-post.
I think (judging by the millions of links up there) that pretty much everyone who wants to has done this, but if you haven’t yet, and you want to, let me know and I’ll give you your very own letter.
*I totally channeled GB for that joke.