I’m all about the Facebook micro-blogging these days (and even that is more than I can handle). I’ll be back here again someday, I promise…
In the meantime, a quick recap: the campus interview went really well, actually, and I had a really good time (even though GB and Waylon ended up not coming with me at the VERY last minute for reasons too complicated to explain right now, and let me tell you, being away from Waylon overnight? Not something I, or my boobs, want to repeat. And yes, I had a pump, for what it was worth); now I have to wait until after the beginning of January to hear anything from them….So we’ll see how that goes; and we are in our new apartment, finally, and starting to get settled a bit; and I have yet to start work on the dissertation again, and feeling stressed about that; and Waylon and I are sick AGAIN.
And here is a meme, which is easier: (via Anastasia, I think)
1. Started my own blog
2. Slept under the stars - I miss camping.
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower – Oh, the Leonids. How I love them.
6. Given more than I can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland/world – and I like it.
8. Climbed a mountain- okay, a hill, but it felt like a mountain.
9. Held a praying mantis – are you kidding me? Have you SEEN one of those things up close? Brrr.
10. Sung a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris – and interestingly, despite other people’s wonderful experiences there, I have no desire to whatsoever.
13. Watched lightening at sea
14. Taught myself an art from scratch – I’m not sure what this even means…
15. Adopted a child – not yet, but we will adopt #2
16. Had food poisoning Yes, but I’m pretty sure it was psychosomatic. Still threw up for 14+ hours, though.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown my own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France – didn’t I just say I haven’t been to Paris? What’s with the Francophile meme?
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitchhiked - well, I was in the Sunset in San Francisco once and needed to get to the Haight, and the two friends I was with and I stuck out our thumbs, mostly in jest, and a truck full of hippies delivering organic produce picked us up and drove us the mile to the Haight. So, I guess, yeah.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill – isn’t this just calling in drunk?
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice – dude, enough with the European questions already
29. Seen a total eclipse – awesome.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset – from both sides–still up and getting up.
31. Hit a home run – uh, not so much, me.
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors - well, the WASP side–I’ve been to England. Not so much the middle eastern side, unfortunately.
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught myself a new language – taught myself, not so much. I’ve learned French (which I can still read well and speak badly); German (enough to pass a proficiency exam, though i no exactly no German now); and Sanskrit (which I absolutely do not know now, but it was fun to learn). I’ve tried to teach myself Farsi for years, with no luck.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied – maybe soon.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David – omg, enough. there’s more to life than the art I haven’t seen in person.
41. Sung karaoke – much to my sobered-up embarrassment. Note to self: the Goo Goo Dolls’ “Name” is not a fun karaoke song, especially if you try to do it as a drunken duet, and do not know any of the words.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had my portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris – this is getting tiresome
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling – no, but I’d like to.
52. Kissed in the rain – aw, yeah.
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie – no, but my sister is a hilariously overacting extra in this movie. Oh, and I was in a couple of my friend’s student films, actually; in one, I played “the woman obsessed with Blavatsky“; I sat in a garden chain-smoking and madly flipping through “Isis Unveiled.” Good times.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class – exactly one.
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen – “To Serve Man” is a cookbook!!!!!
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching – never have, but I would still love to
63. Got flowers for no reason- yep, and gave them for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma. – no, but I will, I swear. I’m O negative. I have no excuse.
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy – Muffin, the black stuffed cat.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades -again, no, but would love to
75. Been fired from a job – yes, at a record store, of all places
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London – that would be time I would never get back.
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle – I’ve been on a motorcycle twice and was petrified both times. Never again.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person – when I was about 6. Need to see it again as an adult.
80. Published a book — eventually the dissertation?
81. Visited the Vatican – you know, a lot of exciting things happen at home, too.
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had my picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury – no, despite being called for jury duty at least 4 times
91. Met someone famous – Arlo Guthrie, and I can’t think of anyone else
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one – knocking wood and moving on
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake – I think so, but I was about 5
97. Been involved in a law suit - Capital One sued me, but you know, they sue everyone.
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Ridden an elephant